EXPLORING PHONE PHOTOGRAPHY
JOIN LOCAL PHOTOGRAPHER KERRI SHERMAN TO LEARN HANDY
SHOOTING & EDITING TIPS USING YOUR CAMERA PHONE
CLASS FEE: $30, includes botanicals/props (bring your charged smart phone!)
Pre-registration for each class is required. Class offered on:
Saturday, February 25 ~ 10:00am - 11:00am
Saturday, April 8 ~ 10:00am - 11:00am
Now more than ever, the smart phone camera is a convenient high quality lens used to easily take and edit terrific photos, plus seamlessly print or publish digitally. Led by Kerri Sherman, owner of Bloom & Focus - a north shore lifestyle photography studio - specializing in nature, botanicals, architecture, interiors, families, food and fine art commissions - this fun class will be a game changer in enhancing your every day phone camera images. Enjoy learning many helpful shooting & editing tips that will enhance your images for personal and professional use.
This class will familiarize students to the basic workings of their cameras and build their confidence shooting in the field. We will explore the topics of composition, exposure and flash.
TUESDAY | APRIL 4 | 10:30 - 11:30am
- camera menu short cuts
- basic manual setting
- understanding of depth of field (aperture, shutter speed)
- targeting shooting automatic modes (ex. portait, landscape)
- composition "rules"
- flash options
- focal point lock
- exposure compensation
- relationship between shooter and subject
- free apps for editing and publishing (ex. custom fine art books)
- recommended sites for uploading to share and publish
- suggested sites for continued online learning tutorials